Monday, June 18, 2007

Daily Dose

We got an early start this morning at 7:00 AM. Kevin (my son) woke me and said there was a duck in the basement window well. I went down and checked. He was softly pecking on the window. How cute. He soon left with his mate at his side. They waddled off into the sunrise.

I'm going to Steve Brown's website and see if he's got any words of wisdom for me today. Gradually I have been abandoning my daily doses of getting in the word. The result was having a negative effect on me. My thought life was holding me hostage. In a desperate attempt to have God reveal to me what I was doing wrong, I decided to fast for a day. I ate nothing after breakfast and all day. The next morning I was feeling the effects. He still wasn't talking to me. By 4:00 PM He revealed to me that I was feeling sorry for myself. It was loud and clear. I've been doing better since. I've gotten back into God's word daily. I feel refocused.

I keep making the mistake of thinking that I have things under control, when in reality all my weaknesses are still there. They're just controlled by the Holy Spirit. When I don't get into the word daily, they come creeping back.

2 comments:

Sue K. said...

I know how you feel, we need to stay close!

Chanda said...

I agree with you Karen, I have been struggling myself this week. It has caused a lot of stress, tension and frustration in my life, marriage. Thanks For your blog!!