Tuesday, September 18, 2007

When God is hidden.....

I have been reading a book by Graham Cooke called When the Lights Go Out (Surprising Growth When God is Hidden). Kevin West, Director of Family Life, at New Pointe Church recommended Graham Cooke’s books. Kevin always reads great titles. Check out his blog for his favorites. You can get to it from my church link.

Anyhow, Mr. Cooke is at a spiritual level way above me. I can sense some of what he is saying. I agree that when you reach a certain level God will stop you there because he knows that you’re not ready for more. That's happend in my own walk. Some friends of mine read strictly from the KJV bible. As difficult as it is to read, they say that when God is ready to reveal to you what he wants you to know, you will understand exactly what it says. The first time I attempted to read it, that did happen. As time went on, it stopped happening. Maybe God doesn’t think I’m ready to move on yet. He revealed to me at that time what I was ready for. My search will continue. Anxiously, I await the next level. Maybe when Graham Cooke refers to “God being hidden” is during those times when I'm not ready for the next level.

1 comment:

Sue K. said...

Karen, I agree with that book your reading. God only gives us what we can handle. D L Moody said once that he cried out to God "No more God, I can't handle any more" I don't know if that's true, but I know in my life, God has been good in not over doing it. When I NEED him he is there. When he is silent, I have faith that He is still there. I think faith is the key!!