Sunday, March 29, 2009

A great day

Today was an awesome day that I think I will remember for a long time. We have to be at church on Sundays at 7:00 AM because of the areas we are serving in. Most days I love being there early because after I get my classroom ready and pray, I go and watch the bands rehearse. It’s just a great place to be. I try to get to bed early on Saturday, but this Saturday I was unable to do so. I was really tired and my brain was in a fog. I was afraid I wouldn’t be able to teach my Sunday school class well because I was unable to focus well. I passed our lead Pastor, Dwight Mason in the hallway on the way in to church. He asked me how I was and I said that I was a bit tired. He stopped in his tracks and prayed for me. I prayed again before class started because I knew I was in for a struggle. On top of that, the computers went down and we had to do manual check in. The girls poured in and we got started. I felt the Holy Spirit take over and class went amazingly well. In fact, it was the best class I had done in weeks. Without the Holy Spirit I would never have made it.

After class my son Kevin played for the first time in the Praise and Worship Band. Earlier in the week he got his braces off. I still feel like crap but today was a great day anyway. Thanks God, you’re awesome!

No comments: